Monday, January 17, 2005

Five years ago today...

Hello baby girl,

Daddy and I thought it would be nice to share this day with you. Today we have been married for five years. Five wonderful years (with a couple of heartbreaking years thrown in). Today is Monday, also the same day that we were married five years ago. Daddy and I had such a small private wedding that no-one even knew we were getting married, we went on holidays to the Whitsunday Islands in Queensland, Australia and were married on Putney Beach - a secluded island beach - with just the two of us, the marriage celebrant, two witnesses and a guy who drove the car, took the photos, did the video and brought champagne.

It was such an amazingly special day, so private and personal and just beautiful. Daddy and I didn't really want for a big wedding, we just wanted to be married to each other. So we were, feet in the water, sun setting, sounds of the ocean and a soft breeze blowing. It was like a beautiful scene you would only read about in a book.

Daddy and I talked a lot about you yesterday (which was also my birthday!). We had breakfast with Mumsie (Nan), Aunty Debbie and Uncle Gordon, and had a really lovely morning. Daddy bought me my first 'mummy' present, a baby bag that I will use to put all your things in like your nappies and your bottles and your toys. It's the nicest present I have ever had.

Well my precious girl, we are thinking of you today as we remember our wedding day five years ago, and hope next year the three of us (or five if you count Raf and Kenya - I haven't told you about these two cheeky monkeys yet) will celebrate together.

All my love Mummy xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home