Monday, December 18, 2006

I wish you Merry Christmas my child...

There’s a little girl trembling on a cold December morn, and crying for her mama’s arms,
At an orphanage just outside a little China town, where the forgotten are,
But half a world away I hang the stocking by the fire, and dream about the day I can finally call you mine.

It's Christmas time again but you’re not home, your family’s here and yet you are somewhere else alone,
So tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms and tell you from my heart,
I wish you Merry Christmas.

As I hang the tinsel on the tree and watch the twinkling lights, I’m warm by the fire’s glow,
Outside the children tumble in a wonderland of white, make angels in the snow,
Half a world away you try your best to fight the tears, and hope that heavens angels come to carry you here.

It’s Christmas time again but you’re not home, your family’s here and yet you are somewhere else alone,
So tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms and tell you from my heart,

I wish you Merry Christmas.

xxx

~lyrics from a song by 'Third Day' (US Band)

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Wow, sad. It must be so difficult for those of you who are waiting and the finish line keeps getting pushed back. I hope this new year brings speedier referrals.

Sending good thoughts across the ocean to you...

(aka: TammyChina1, MSN board)
Pennsylvania, USA

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that song. Hi Lisa,
I found your link from the MSN group. I can't believe you have 200 acres---wow!
I'll add your link to my website so I can keep up with you.
http://riobello.typepad.com/adventures

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home