Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Baby steps...

Hello baby girl,

Well Daddy and I have taken another small step toward you and this week we started the assessment process with the Social Worker from DoCS. This will be the bit (other than the waiting) that I will find stressful. The Social Worker will want to ask lots of questions about us, about what mine and Daddy's family was like growing up, what school was like, how we met, what our financial situation is like, why we want to adopt you, how we feel about having a baby from China and how we will look after you. It's a very intrusive process, and sometimes I feel a bit resentful that parents with birth children don't have to be asked the same questions - after all we have been through, we now have to open up our life to a complete stranger. I do however understand the importance of this, to make sure you will come into a loving and caring family who will be able to give you everything you need.

The first meeting went well, and Daddy and I both liked Alison the Social Worker, we felt very comfortable with her, and had a good laugh - she has a similar sense of humour. Next time we see Alison will be in 2 weeks and she will come to our house and have a look to make sure it is suitable for you. We think it will be OK - the only problem I can see is a pot-belly stove that we will have to block-off somehow so you don't burn your hands.

Daddy and I have also bought a couple of bits of clothing for you - things we saw and couldn't resist (like the 'Security' outfit and a T-shirt that says 'Beautiful Girl'), and this week I have made my first e-bay purchase - a rocking chair for your room, that we can use together.

I think about you all day, every day my sweetheart.

Love Mummy xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home