Sunday, August 12, 2007

We're getting there...

I haven't posted too much about the house lately because the changes are now in the detail and can't really be seen on a photo... or just don't really look like much. A lot of what is happening now is on the inside of the house. All the electrical work and plumbing is complete, the reverse cycle airconditioning has been installed, and we have walls! Even since the pictures below were taken we now have most of the doors hung, and the architraves and skirting is on. The under tile heating in the bathrooms has been installed and the bathrooms have been wet-sealed ready for tiling. Outside the verandahs are ready to be poured, and the water tank base and walls have been poured. This week the bathrooms will start to be tiled and we should see the start of the verandahs, which once again will make a big difference to the look of the house.
So we're getting there. It's been about 4 months since the slab was poured, and we were delayed by about 3 weeks with the rain. So Speedy Gonzales Chris (the builder) has done a great job in such a short time... and he tells us we should be moving in about mid September, just in time for spring and some warmer weather - so in about another 5 weeks we'll be living in our dream house, on our dream property in our much loved town.
And I can't wait.

This is looking toward the family room and kitchen from the games room.
This is standing in the 'yet-to-be' kitchen looking out the front of the house.


And this is the water-tank-in-preparation - the concrete is poured between the 2 walls - then the metal casing is removed. Then all the earth is backfilled around the tank and then we get some water delivered to start us off and pray for more rain!
Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Blogger Blondie said...

Love the house picture. Before you know it, you'll be ready to move in for real!

PS. I have tagged you - hope you can join in. Visit my blog for details.

6:07 PM  
Blogger M and M said...

This is so cool watching your house come along!

Soon you will be able to accept over night visitors - would it be wrong to invite myself??? LOL!

9:36 AM  
Blogger OziMum said...

Guys, your house looks absolutely amazing! You'll WANT to do the dishes every chance you get, just so you can stand and stare at the gorgeous view!!!

Your builder has done a fab job, in a short period of time!!!

9:41 AM  
Blogger D & S said...

The house is going to be amazing when it's done. I love all the windows!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Glen said...

Does your sheetrock man know what he is doing?

7:47 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

You are jamming along!

I have to say I am jealous of your drywall already up :0)

1:17 PM  
Blogger Jen Boote said...

Gosh the home is coming along beautifully and I love the views - it's such a wonderful feeling when you finally move in - and I'm so glad you have this project to keep you busy at the moment. The wait must be so hard...but as I know I keep saying - hang in there 'cause it's so worth it.
love from Jen & the precious Ebony xxx

9:18 AM  
Blogger OziMum said...

OK, stupid blogga won't let me see your latest post, although I could see it on bloglines? Go figure?!

Anyway, house is looking great!

And by the way... I tagged you! See my blog for details!
www.aust2china.blogspot.com

6:10 PM  
Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I have found your site again... how are you? For a while I couldn't find your link... I will save it this time. The house is certainly coming along... hang in there our turn will come... Fliss

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home