Friday, August 25, 2006

Instead of getting closer you are getting further away...

Hello my Princess,

I was warned that the wait was hard... but not this hard. The timeframes for China seem to be slowing right down, last year from LID to Referral was about 6 months, predictions currently are standing at about 12-15 months from LID. But the document processing timeframes from CCAA are not looking good at all. It looks like they are only processing 1-2 weeks max of Dossiers per month. We are in a long, long queue...

It is now August 25th 2006 and the last lot of Dossiers CCAA officially processed were received before 13 July 2005 - latest rumours in China Adoption land is that the next update on processing will only go to 22nd July 2005. Only 1 weeks worth. Meaning as we move into September, CCAA are still only processing Dossiers from July last year. You can see document processing timeframes here--> http://www.china-ccaa.org/frames/index_unlogin_en.jsp

So every month when I think we are getting closer, we may actually be getting further away from seeing your face. I have now been waiting almost 7 years for you my baby.

Sad Mummy xxx

2 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

Hang in. Your girl will come and we will share the long wait together until that happens!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Family Bits said...

Keep your chin up. I know it is very, very hard. The wait leaves an empty space in your gut, especially with the unknowns. I recall blogging about the same thing, for several months every time the referrals came in. I was one moment happy for those that got referrals and KNEW who their child was....then the next minute saddened that I didn't. You can see some of our blogging about it on our original blog, onceuponacadence.blogspot.com

But now that I look back at it, I KNOW Cady was meant to be with us. I equate it to us having to be matched at the right time. Her paper work was sitting in CCAA for 3 months, while we waited an extra 3 months than planned too. Now it seems as if the wait never, ever happened...as if we have been together forever.

It's hard, but it will all work out. When you see her picture you will be in shock, and when you finally hold her you will be in Heaven, and time will stand still at that moment.

Karen

http://www.cadychase.com

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home