Saturday, May 12, 2007

Once upon a time...

Now we have actually started building - it's interesting to look at where we were a year ago. We have had our land for about 2 years but only got serious about building a house on it this time last year...

So we chose a house site (not easy to do on 200 acres)...


And we cleared the land (yep - that's me!)...


And then we had a great idea. "Let's live on our land in a Big Red Bus (sundeck and all)..." so we moved in!


And even though we had no electricity and no running water we had a great time and we became very creative...

And then winter came... and in our part of Australia - it gets COLD...

And even Gerry the Wallaby looked cold...

And the dogs said... "bugger this we're outta here..."



And we merrily moved back to the house down the street. THE END.

6 Comments:

Blogger M and M said...

Wow - you are brave!!

Hope that 'chair' didn't give any splinters - heehee

10:48 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Oh wow...I'm still fixated on the shot of the 'potty chair'.

Yowza!!!

12:35 AM  
Blogger D & S said...

They say the necessity is the mother of invention, hence the chair.

I would love to build my own home. I'll just live through you for now, :)

10:42 AM  
Blogger Lisa and Shane said...

But did you notice the chair was painted silver... all class we were! Thanks for popping in.

Lisa

5:40 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

That was such a great post, thanks for the great laugh. Love the look on your dogs faces!! Great potty chair too- resourceful, you guys are!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I just came across your site... me being an Aussie here in Florida... it was SO nice to see the Aussie landscapes... seeing them made me a little homesick. I too was from NSW... my family still lives near Newcastle. Hoping to head back home Jan '08 - depends on whether or not we are in China... take care... Felicity

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home