Saturday, June 02, 2007

House update... only not ours!

Weird thing this year - not only are we building a house, but my sister and her husband - 'The G' - are also building a house AND my Mum and Stepdad are about to start building a house... we didn't plan this - it has just worked out this way.

My sister and The G are the first in line, so we have eagerly been watching their house go up. And now it's up! My sister and I also have completely different lifestyles. We are country folk, we live in a small country town a few hours from the coast on a couple hundred acres. My sister and The G live on the coast - only a few hundred metres from a beautiful beach. As such, our houses are completely different - they have an ultra-modern beach house, and we are building a country homestead surrounded by wildlife.

We all actually have the best of both worlds - we get a beach side resort when we visit them, and they get a country retreat when they visit us. Perfect!

So here's an update on their house! D and 'The G' - you've done a great job and should be very proud of yourselves.

Rumpus room looking toward the lounge room...

Lounge room looking toward the dining room...

Great view from the balcony to the beach...

Tada... moving in very soon!

8 Comments:

Blogger Napoleon said...

Very nice! Mind if I visit?

8:29 PM  
Blogger D said...

Cool! So, when we do a blogging tour of Australia and visit you and Emma, can we swing by this house, too?

12:51 AM  
Blogger 4D said...

That is beautiful!!

Keep smilin!

1:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How neat! I can tell you guys are close!

1:31 AM  
Blogger M and M said...

I want to visit!! Is the house in NSW?

WHEN I win the lotto, I want to move to Manly...

6:57 AM  
Blogger Lisa and Shane said...

You're all welcome! David - I love the blogger tour of Australia... but only if Emma and I can do the blogger tour of the US??

Michelle - yes the house is in NSW. When were you in Manly?
L

10:00 AM  
Blogger D & S said...

Wow! That's beautiful!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Very cool!!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home