Wednesday, June 06, 2007

When a year feels like a lifetime...

One year ago today we were advised by the Australian Government that all our information had travelled 1/2 way across the world and was logged into the systems at the Chinese Centre of Adoption Affairs in Beijing. Information about me and about your Daddy. About where we work, where we live, what our house is like, how we will raise you, how healthy we are, and what we know about China and about being parents to a little baby who will be born a world away.

One year ago... when the People's Republic of China received our information you were not even conceived - yet we loved you already.

One year ago... we named you - we gave you a name we love, a name we hope you will love too.

One year ago... we celebrated with a bottle of Champagne that we were going to be your parents.

One year ago... you became the centre of our world.

One year ago... I started shopping and haven't stopped...



My Angel, my daughter - I wish we didn't have to wait so long to meet. Everyday is a day we are without you, and you are without us. Wherever you are sweetheart - I hope your belly is full, you have a warm bed, you know you are loved and so, so wanted.

One year ago we were LID. I hope in one more year - you are in our arms.
We love you. xxx

10 Comments:

Blogger M and M said...

One 1 year!! Congrats to you!! Your today is my 6 months anniversary!!

I hope that you don't have to wait another year to hold your daughter!

12:14 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Beautiful post...I echo that very sentiment.

12:40 PM  
Blogger D said...

Congratulations on your 1 year mark! What a moving post...I really enjoyed it and it certainly reminds us of the wonderful event we're waiting for!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Way to go! Congrats on one year :-)

8:55 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Congrats on making it to the double digits.

Your post is beautiful!

I LOVE the little passbook cover. That is too cute!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

One year down! Yippee! That passport cover is darling.

1:50 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

What a beautiful love letter!!! Congratulations, on your one year LIDversary!!!!!!!!!

10:22 AM  
Blogger D & S said...

Congratulations on the one year LIDiversary! Hopefully not too much longer.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats..Thanks for making me cry

11:50 AM  
Blogger Special K said...

Congratulations on this milestone! Celebrate along the way.

3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home